What is the Authentic Health Log?

What is the Authentic Health Log?


On June 1-3, 2011 I participated in a program at work called the Coporate Athlete that is run by the Human Performance Institute. During this course we were assessed in our holistic levels of in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I already knew I had a lot of improvements to make in these areas and this program only confirmed that I have a ton of work to do. The bulk of the program hours were spent establishing better eating and excercise habits and then driving each of us to develop a new mission to engage more fully in the holistic dimensions of our life and overcome the "inner terrorists" that keep us from achieving our goals in life. The plan is to use nutritional and movement activties to better establish energy management in my life to meet the demands of so many things to do and keep up with. In the end we have so much to do and sometimes we neglect those we love the most. This blog is my journal that will document my plans and log my progress as I change my life for the better and upgrade my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I will be successful at this so I can be here for my family each day and for many years to come.

Core Value: Doctrine & Covenants 50:23-25





Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 4

Depressing.  I slide back two steps today.  It started with a harmless snooze of 30 minutes to 6:00 am and snowballed from there.  I stuck to my eating schedule but missed my 3:30 pm snack I think.  No exercise.  That seems to be my biggest struggle. I got home at 5:45 pm.  Work didn't go on plan and had a lot of unplanned surprises.  I got home and enjoyed a row of rice krispy treats.  Go figure.  Talk about a day off!  Look at the time.  10:16 pm!? 

Tomorrow... I return and improve.