What is the Authentic Health Log?

What is the Authentic Health Log?


On June 1-3, 2011 I participated in a program at work called the Coporate Athlete that is run by the Human Performance Institute. During this course we were assessed in our holistic levels of in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I already knew I had a lot of improvements to make in these areas and this program only confirmed that I have a ton of work to do. The bulk of the program hours were spent establishing better eating and excercise habits and then driving each of us to develop a new mission to engage more fully in the holistic dimensions of our life and overcome the "inner terrorists" that keep us from achieving our goals in life. The plan is to use nutritional and movement activties to better establish energy management in my life to meet the demands of so many things to do and keep up with. In the end we have so much to do and sometimes we neglect those we love the most. This blog is my journal that will document my plans and log my progress as I change my life for the better and upgrade my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I will be successful at this so I can be here for my family each day and for many years to come.

Core Value: Doctrine & Covenants 50:23-25





Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 3

Today was the first true test and I passed a few tests and have a little progress to make tomorrow.  Here's the break down:
  • I awoke at 5:30 am after turning in at 9:30 pm the night before.  I was home for dinner at 5:15 pm on schedule and enjoyed dinner and a great Family Home Evening with the family. Now I'm turning in again around 9:30 pm this evening.
  • I ate meals and snack on schedule every 3 hours when my alarms sounded.  Heather made Rice Krispie treats so I traded out some dinner portions for extra dessert. ;) 
  • My failure was the mid-day exercise.  This will be a challenge in the office but I will keep it on the schedule.  No one at the office exercises mid-day but shouldn't be an issue if I can make it work.  I did move and walk around when snack/move/chat breaks occurred.  Need to do better with chatting around the office.  Today was catchup from being out for the week.
  • I read for 15 minutes in the morning out of the Book of Mormon. 
  • I studied the GMAP without exhausting from 6:40 pm to 8:00 pm when I usually fall asleep trying to read.  Noticeable difference in attention span different.  There is hope.
  • My boys were more engaged with me and were excited to have me for the evening.  It is obvious and more just common sense that getting home more will make a difference.
  • Oops. I forget to make my lunch and snack for tomorrow.  Will have to do so in the morning.
I can do this.  There will be a pressure at the office.  Employees were asking about the trip with the leadership team last week and were curious about what we did.  There will be some who don't see value in this but most when explained the rationale and benefit want to participate.  Work demands detract many. The exercise will be most difficult but if I can make this much progress and sustain it I can surely figure out the exercise and will do so.