- I built a recurring alarm system and blocked calendar times to build muscle memory around nutrition, excercises and health & wellness plans. I will go to bed between 9:30 and 10:00 pm and wake at 5:30 am each morning. I will have breakfast by 6:30 am with a scripture reading session. At 9:30 am, 2:30 pm and 7:30 pm I will do a 15 minute snack/move/chat session to get out with the office associates or do band excercises at home evening (movement and snacking). At 12:00 pm I will snag lunch with a cardio/resitance workout and at 5:15 pm I will have dinner. I also built in plans to manage email at start of day and end of day with winding down and heading home by 5pm. I am shifing work to start earlier and head home earlier. Heather and I will "veg" our minds with the indulgence of a TV show from 8-9 pm then wind down for the day. I also built in plans for GMAT study for the next month.
- Old story: As I built this plan the "inner terrorist" in my head brought out the voices and stories that say I can't make this work and meetings, plans, workload, etc. will destroy plans to make this work. What will other people think? Will they think I'm not working? It looked like I would be working less on the calendar when I blocked time for health and family.
- New story: I will stick to the plan. When my alarm goes off I will act with health and family as a top priority in my overall success. The work will be at my desk when I get back to it after lunch. My snack/move/chat breaks are actually benefiting my connections and engagement at work and not ditracting from work hours so they must be done. I don't do anything productive after 9:00 pm right now so going to bed to benefit a 5:30 am wake up in the morning only increases my productive time in the morning when I am rested. Because I snack and move during the day I will have the energy in the evening to get to the 8:00 pm veg hour with Heather. I will make this work. Interuptions will occur and priorities will pop-up but I will get right back to the schedule when the next alarm goes off. In the next 3 weeks I will transform my mental structure and physical actions around how I live my life each day. This isn't complicated. It just take a little push.
- I bagged my lunch and snacks for the next day in the morning.
- Heather said that as long as I am home for dinner I can start work as early as needed.
- We ate a perfect perportion meal for dinner to break the fast. It was filling, tasty and I didn't pork out and still feel fine about my intake. No need to pig out dude!
- I snacked with prunes and peanut m&m's at 7:30 pm
- Off to be with Heather and shutting down at 9am.
- I was tempted with some pressure at work tomorrow but am pushing to my early start and not using family time.
- I can do it! I will do it!
The Ultimate Mission: To sustain authentic long-term health and happiness in my marriage, family, spirit, body, mind, employment and community. I will leave a legacy of health upon and within the spheres of my influence.
What is the Authentic Health Log?
What is the Authentic Health Log?
On June 1-3, 2011 I participated in a program at work called the Coporate Athlete that is run by the Human Performance Institute. During this course we were assessed in our holistic levels of in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I already knew I had a lot of improvements to make in these areas and this program only confirmed that I have a ton of work to do. The bulk of the program hours were spent establishing better eating and excercise habits and then driving each of us to develop a new mission to engage more fully in the holistic dimensions of our life and overcome the "inner terrorists" that keep us from achieving our goals in life. The plan is to use nutritional and movement activties to better establish energy management in my life to meet the demands of so many things to do and keep up with. In the end we have so much to do and sometimes we neglect those we love the most. This blog is my journal that will document my plans and log my progress as I change my life for the better and upgrade my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I will be successful at this so I can be here for my family each day and for many years to come.
Core Value: Doctrine & Covenants 50:23-25
On June 1-3, 2011 I participated in a program at work called the Coporate Athlete that is run by the Human Performance Institute. During this course we were assessed in our holistic levels of in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I already knew I had a lot of improvements to make in these areas and this program only confirmed that I have a ton of work to do. The bulk of the program hours were spent establishing better eating and excercise habits and then driving each of us to develop a new mission to engage more fully in the holistic dimensions of our life and overcome the "inner terrorists" that keep us from achieving our goals in life. The plan is to use nutritional and movement activties to better establish energy management in my life to meet the demands of so many things to do and keep up with. In the end we have so much to do and sometimes we neglect those we love the most. This blog is my journal that will document my plans and log my progress as I change my life for the better and upgrade my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. I will be successful at this so I can be here for my family each day and for many years to come.
Core Value: Doctrine & Covenants 50:23-25
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Day 2
Today was Fast Sunday and the day of rest for the week. Here is the log for today: